Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Cirque du Soleil show coming to the Bay Area, and I have discounts

I have a lot of strong opinions, and I'm not shy to share them. (Hence the seven blogs, I guess.) One thing I don't opine about regularly, but feel very strongly about is Cirque du Soleil. When I saw Nouvelle Experience in San Jose way back in 1990, it was indeed a new experience, and I haven't missed a Bay Area tour since then. I've also seen Mystere, O and Love in Vegas.

Let's just say I'm a fan.

So, I'm pretty excited to learn that a new show is coming to the Bay Area this Fall. I'm going to get to go to a press preview and review it, and I'll share a couple of discounts for you here, as I hear about them.

WHAT: TOTEM by Cirque du Soleil
WHEN: Opens in San Francisco October 28, 2011, Opens in San Jose on March 2, 2012
WHERE: At AT&T Park in San Francisco and at the Taylor Street Bridge in San Jose

HOW TO GET TICKETS NOW:
San Francisco: Until June 25, ONLY Cirque Club members can purchase advance presale tickets for the San Francisco opening. You can join and take advantage of that here.
San Jose: You have a more time for early access (until September 17th), also by being a Cirque Club member and by using this link.

I've been a Circque Club member for some time now (it's free) and while there are a variety of offers and products available by being a member, the one thing I've always used it for is to get early access to tickets to impending shows.

IN addition to the pre-sale access, members will get $10 off Level 1, 2 or 3 tickets by using the above links.

WHAT WILL THE SHOW BE ABOUT?: I think it's generally pretty hard to describe what Cirque shows are about, so here's the official description from Cirque:

TOTEM traces the fascinating journey of the human species from its original amphibian state to its ultimate desire to fly. TOTEM illustrates, through a visual and acrobatic language, the evolutionary progress of species. Somewhere between science and legend TOTEM explores the ties that bind Man to other species, his dreams and his infinite potential.


So, I'm kind of hoping for a Julie Taymor's Lion King-ish Cirque du Soleil mash-up...wouldn't that be cool?

OK, there you go. You can look for a review from me of the show in October, so if you're in San Jose and are waiting for my "expert" opinion before investing, look for it then :)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?