Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Guess what I'm seeing this weekend: Schoolhouse Rocks Live!

I know I'm not the only person who can recite the entire preamble of the Constitution of the United States of America because of Schoolhouse Rocks. Or, who knows the function of a conjunction. Ot where to get my adverbs. I've got the entire CD box se, if you must know.

So, of course I was intrigued when my friends at Guggenheim Entertainment sent me info on what they're up to.

First of all, they've taken over the old Century 25 movie theatre space at Westgate in West San Jose (only a few miles from my house actually.) They've christened it The Retro Dome.

They will keep it split into two theatre spaces and do various shows there, kicking off this month with, and here's where my Schoolhouse Rocks intro makes sense: Schoolhouse Rocks Live!

I'm going this Sunday and expect to be overcome with a wave of nostalgia and love of learning!

WHAT: SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK LIVE!, based on the pop-culture Emmy® Award-winning ABC TV cartoon series Schoolhouse Rock! that taught millions of Generation X-ers everything from adverbs and gravity to math and American history, comes alive on stage with such beloved songs as “Conjunction Junction,” “I’m Just a Bill,”“The Preamble,” “Interplanet Janet,” and much more.

WHERE: The Retro Dome (Formerly Century 25)
1694 Saratoga Avenue, San Jose

WHEN: Opening Night, Friday, September. 4 at 7:30 p.m.
Scheduled Closing (could extend): Sunday, October 4
Showtimes:
Thursdays and Fridays at 7:30p.m.
Saturdays at 1:30p.m. & 7:30p.m.
Sundays at 1:30p.m.

HOW MUCH: $24 - $36

HOW TO BUY:
Internet Sales at www.theRetroDome.com
Charge by Phone for Tickets and Group Sales: 408/404-7711
Discounts are available for children, students, seniors, and groups of 10 or more.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?