Sunday, May 31, 2009

Guess who I just saw?

Why, Ms Patti LuPone sitting in first class as I boarded a Virgin America flight to NYC!

I did actually catch her eye (my staring, doubtless) and came theesclose to simply saying "I love your work" or "I'm a big fan", as opposed to saying "Oh my God, I saw you play Evita when I was like 14 years old, and you were so awesome!!!!"

But I kept quiet.

When I sat down, back in my seat many rows away in Coach, I did ask the guy sitting next to me if he knew who Patti Lupone was.

Turns out, out of probably 200 people on that plane, I was sitting next to someone who works for her. Color me red-faced. he was nice, though, and gave me the program from a show she's touring about with Mandy Patinkin. I, of course, rambled on to him about how I'd seen them in Evita, and he kind of nodded and then put on his noise-canceling headphones.

I tweeted it for a while, and considered showing Patti's person the power of Twitter, as people responded, but I thought better of it.

I saw her later at Baggage Claim, and she was being perfectly nice to people who approached her, but I had a brush with fame's handler, not fame itself :)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?