Saturday, April 05, 2008

Broadway revival: Sunday in the Park with George

A full review will have to wait until I'm back home, but I did want to say that I saw the current Broadway revival of Sunday in the Park with George this afternoon, and really enjoyed it.

Sweeney Todd may still be my favorite Sondheim show, well, in fact my favorite musical, but Sunday's score is so incredibly and achingly beautiful. Just hearing certain chords makes my eyes well up with tears, and I continue to find the show's contemplative perspective on love and art and creation so moving.

This is one of those times in the year when Broadway collects on behalf of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, and they had the actual sketches the actor who plays George made during the performance. I donated $60 to get a sketch of the two dogs. Really cute.

As I said, full review pending...

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?