Friday, October 05, 2007

Sweeney Todd trailer

Thanks to Alicia for this link.

So here it is: The Sweeney Todd trailer

I realize I have fallen down on the job on this blog over the last couple of months. Life and all.

But Alicia knows how much I loves me some Johnny Depp and some Sweeney Todd. So, no way I wouldn't post this!

The trailer is pretty great...looking faithful to the original dark vision of Sweeney Todd. There's only a brief moment of Depp singing, and I wouldn't call it a basso profundo voice emanating out of him.

Do I care? Well, they wise chose to have "Epiphany" as the one song he has at in the trailer, mostly because much of it is actually spoken. So in this trailer, no I didn't care. We'll wait and see if his voice lets us down on more lyrical songs like "Pretty Women" or "My Friends."

But the trailer was creepy and gave me chills...reminding me why Sweeney is indeed my favorite musical ever. And that's a good sign.

And Johnny?

OK, I've said it before, and I'll say it again now: The original 1979 cast of Sweeney on Broadway featured Len Cariou as Sweeney, and to this 15 year old who barely knew what sexy was, he was scary and sexy, and that added a layer to the show that I've rarely seen repeated in the many many productions of it I've seen.

Johnny brings the sex back. Cue Justin Timberlake, oh yeah!

And me likey.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?