Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Merc's Avenue Q review...how about yours?

We all know I loved Avenue Q when I saw it in NY. Here's the Merc's review of the current tour that is playing up in SF.

Key excerpt (and one with which I wholeheartedly agree):
Still, the real magic of “”Avenue Q'’ is not the dexterity of the puppeteers nor the wicked-cheeky dialogue. It’s the fact that we actually start caring (gulp!) about our felt-covered friends and start to see our own travails through their eyes. When a broken-hearted Kate Monster launches into her torch song, the show not only finds its heart but comes perilously close to stealing ours, as well.

So, have any of you seen the SF version? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? And did you see the NYC version, and how would you compare the two?

Labels:


Comments:
I saw the Original Cast in 2003 as well as the first preview in SF.

The original Cast was FAR better at working the puppets, but often their singing voices left a little bit to be desired.

The tour cast is the exact opposite.

I enjoyed both very much. The tour lives up to the original production and I highly recomend it. It totally reminded me how much I adored the show. I felt like in the past years, I have kind of forgotten about the show. Im glad I found it again.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?