Thursday, June 07, 2007

The NY Times makes Tony predictions

You know the Tony Awards are on this Sunday evening right?

Well, they are, and the NY Times is making their predictions.

Among them: that Spring Awakening is practically a lock for Best Musical and a slew of other awards. Of course, that makes me nervous. It's a little more fun to have low expectations (like I did for Avenue Q's chances) that get exceeded, than to have high expectations that get dashed.

Christine Ebersole is also supposedly a lock for her performance in Grey Gardens. If she wins I swear it is for a 30-second silent moment she has 5 minutes before the end of the show. The rest of it is pretty typical Broadway pizzaz.

And that is all the commentary I can really offer. I'm really looking forward to the show, so I can see scenes from more shows and musicals.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?