Sunday, May 06, 2007

Local theatre reviews

Unfortunately, they're all of shows that have closed or are closing today. If I was a real-live reviewer I'd be sure to go to things on their opening weekends and post my reviews within 24 hours, eh?

(And as soon as somebody pays me to write my reviews and gives me all my theatre tickets for free I'll go ahead and do just that!!)

Last night I saw 42nd St. Moon's The Gay Divorce, by Cole Porter, and that review can be found here.

Two weekends ago I had a double-theatre weekend and saw AMT's Smoky Joe's Cafe and TheatreWorks' Merrily We Roll Along, and those mini-reviews are here.

I wish I could be kinder, but in one case I don't see much value in the kind of piece it was, and in the other case, even though I'd love to love the piece, the truth is that I don't, especially when it isn't done particularly well.

It was an ouchy theatre weekend, what can I say?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?