Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fantasia in The Color Purple

My blogging worlds collide as reality TV star, and my favorite American Idol ever, Fantasia Barrino, opened in Broadway's The Color Purple last night.

Broadway World has a ton of photos from the show. They're all from the curtain call unfortunately!! But you can see Fantasia aged up to be Celie as a middle-aged woman, and you can see her emotional response to the cheers and applause :)

I actually love La Chanze a well (the woman who originated as Celie) but never quite got myself to see it. Fantasia being in it is definitely motivation for me, as I think she is an amazing singer and interpreter. Can she act? Well, wile one would think that someone who can act through a song must be able to act, it's not always true. But I'm hoping.

If anyone sees it please let me know how it is!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?