Monday, January 22, 2007

Reuters Story About Spring Awakening

I saw Spring Awakening with a friend who descirbed himself as "obsessed" with it. And he spent time pre-show telling me how it was wrong to position it as "risque" because it really wasn't that bad, and certainly no worse than half of what's on TV.

As Act 1 closed with a scene of the two leading teens losing their virginity to one another on stage, complete with naked parts. As the lightsd came up I turned to my friend and said, "OK, it's a li'l bit risque, I have to say."

Sure, maybe not compared to HBO, but comapred to Broadway, particularly Broadway musicals? Definitely.

As this Reuters story attests.

I'm just glad they're describing it as a hit.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?