Friday, March 31, 2006

Foothill Alum out in the world: Austin Ku

Got a note from Austin Ku (he of Anthony in "Sweeney Todd" fame) and he updates us on what he's up to now:
Just wanted to let you know that I'm playing Tulsa (the young male lead) in Town Hall Theatre Company's production of the musical GYPSY in Lafayette. The musical is actually all about Mama Rose (the ultimate stage mom) and her two daughters trying to make it in Vaudeville as performers, so the rest of us are only in a few scenes--but, I do get a scene-stealing solo song and dance number.

If you're interested, please visit www.thtc.org for all the info.

If you're a fan of the show, you might also want to check out the lavish production of GYPSY going on right now as well at American Musical Theatre of San Jose. I saw it last night and enjoyed it a lot--so different from our teeny intimate production!

Good to know, since I'm going next week.

Comments:
Lots of Foothill alumns in the AMT Gypsy, as well: David Curley (Uncle Jocko, Kringelein, Cigar, Announcer), Joe Duffy (Dance Captain, Weber, Understudy for all the men's roles except Herbie), Matthew Brandon Hutchens (Angie, Patsey), Diana Torres Koss (Rose Standby), and maybe some others that I missed.

Saw it last night, really enjoyed it. Wish I'd been sitting closer.
 
My seats are in row 7, so I shouldn't have that problem...not to rub it in or anyhting :)

I knew David C. was in it, but thanks for the update on everyone else.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?