Friday, December 23, 2005

Cyndi Lauper as Jenny Diver?

I say "sure!"

Apparently Cyndi is set to make her Broadway debut as Jenny in a new Broadway production of Threepenny Opera next Spring. It's now been almost a dozen years since FMT did Threepenny. (Ragtime's Cath Sheldon played Jenny then.) Yikes. Time flies.

Anyway, I saw Cyndi live last year for the first time, and was pretty much blown away by her talent and skills.

That performance and her last couple of albums indicate to me that she has a really powerful, rangy voice, and the ability to sing with not only raw power, but real vulnerability and poignancy.

Count me as a Cyndi supporter! What do you think?

Comments:
I think it's great.

I was one of the few who was hoping she would be cast as Mrs. Lovett in the Sweeney Todd revival.

I'm glad she will make her broadway debut even though Sweeney didn't work out for her.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?