Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What the cast is hearing...

The show has been open two weeks and has two weeks to go. You've read the rave reviews, which are great to get.

But I thought I'd also ask the cast what the nicest compliments have been that they've received from audience members. I got some nice responses so far:

"The audiences love the show; love the beauty of the show; love it so much that they come back and bring the grandchildren. Personally, my friends said "you REALLY like performing, don't you?" "It was the same in South Pacific, you are so into the moment". Made me feel that maybe I was doing something right. LOL" - Bill Ereñata

"I had a friend (who rarely goes to the shows I’m in because she’s not a real “musicals” person) say that she’d really like to see it TWICE! And my husband has already been twice, and loved it!" - Dee Baily

"How about the most amusing compliment? A lady told me that she liked the fact that I played Jeff as very "nonplus". I had to look it up in the dictionary when I got home. It means "To cause to be at a loss as to what to think, say, or do; to confound; to perplex; to bewilder."" - Ray Renati

"This past weekend an elderly lady and her husband came up to me after the show to congratulate us all on the show. She mentioned that she and her husband saw it on Broadway back when they were courting just after WWII. They are getting close to their 60th wedding anniversary (according to the original run on Broadway, it seems like it would be closer to their 59th or 58th wedding anniversary) so it was nice for them to get to see Brigadoon again. !!! How sweet is that!!!" - James Thompson

Wow, that's pretty sweet!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?