Saturday, July 16, 2005

Small world connections and obscure associations

In my other life I've been heavily immersed in co-organizing a conference, BlogHer.

My BlogHer co-founder is Lisa Stone, who I actually met via Foothill alum Mike Early.

I've know for some time that Lisa has two sisters who both live in L.A. and pursue acting, and I knew that at least one of them had lived in NYC at some point. But given that they're both younger than me, and that I haven't lived in NYC for about 15 years, I didn't give it much thought.

Through a chain of events to trivial to explain I ended up checking out the web site of one sister, Anna. In so doing I looked at her resume and realized that she has been directed in a show by a guy that I acted in a show with in New York...16 or 17 years ago.

Small world. But that's not even why I'm blogging about it.

I'm blogging about it because she came and checked out this blog, because apparently she loves her some Brigadoon. And she pointed out to me that Byron Nysen (found in the middle of the MacPherson clan here):



...looks remarkably like a Precious Moments figurine. Yes, you heard me right. Now, not only did Anna tell me this, she went and found a picture of a specific Precious Moments figurine that proved her point:



Could you die?

I suspect that one of our intrepid cast photographers, in this case Dee, might have gone a li'l crazy with the red-eye removal button, thus giving Byron, on second look, some rather Precious Moment eyes, it's true.

That, or the eyes of a Keane painting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?