Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Some folks don't get blogging

So I had dinner with a dear friend of mine this weekend who also happens to be in the ensemble of "Sweeney."

With the blog in the back of my mind I asked him: "So, how's it going?"

Him: "It's going really good."

Me: "How are James & Diana [Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett] doing?"

Him: "They're doing really good."

Me: "How's Keite [Johanna] doing?"

Him: "Really good."

Me: "Hmmm...any good rehearsal stories?"

Him: "Hmmm, can't think of any."

And so on.

I did learn from him how they're managing to handle one of the signature set pieces of any production of "Sweeney", the barbershop and extra, special barber chair. But I don't even want to give that away, since if you don't know the show it's quite a turning point when that chair shows up!

Sigh.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?