Sunday, July 25, 2004

My review of "Ragtime"

Well, it's a "Wow!". That's for starters.

This production completely validates my designation of "Ragtime" as one of my Top 5 favorite musicals ever. (If you're curious, right now my others are: Sweeney Todd, Sunday in the Park, Little Night Music and West Side Story. Sometimes I forget all shows non-Sondheim, though, and replace West Side Story with Into the Woods.)

Anyway, I know that if you haven't seen the show yet, you might not want to see all the spoilers in the review, so I'm simply going to provide a link to it in my personal blog:

Elisa's "Ragtime" Review

If you've seen the show and would like to add you comments in this blog, feel free.

Although I can't imagine this will be an issue, do try NOT to be John Simon, erstwhile New York Magazine reviewer.

(For those of you who never had the shock & dismay of reading him, he loved to talk about women who weren't pretty enough, men who weren't fit enough, considered non-traditional casting worth going out of his way to mock and was generally spiteful and mean-spirited...don't be him.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?