Tuesday, July 27, 2004

It's a Sister Sledge song backstage!

We Are Family! (Now, tell me I'm not the only one old enough to remember that Sister Sledge sang that song, please!)

This report in from a happy cast member:

"I just wanted to point out that a lot of the actors in this show do double duty.  Two of the actresses that I'm directly indebted to are Dawn Burroughs  and Jessica Carroll.  I have 3 "very quick" quick changes in the first act.  These two ladies are the only reasons that I'm able to get back on stage in time for my next entrances.  Each of the 3 changes involves a complete "strip-down" and "re-dress". Dawn helps me transform from "Harlem Ensemble" to "Matthew Henson" and then to "Jury Member" in Crime of the Century.  Jessica gets me out of my "Jury Member" garb and back into my "Harlem Ensemble" 3 pc suit.  By the way, I never asked them for this help (I have a hard time asking for help,) they both saw me struggling and offered to assist me.  Backstage, we all help each other, cast & crew alike.  We're a great big Family that I'm thankful and proud to be a part of."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?